PostDoc/ Research Associate (f/m/d) in the Research Field Yeast Genetics with Project Coordination Tasks
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The Molecular Plant Nutrition research group studies the transport and metabolism of mineral nutrients, their effects on phytohormonal regulation and their role in physiological and morphological adaptations of plants to stress or agricultural production conditions. Other work includes work on non-conventional, non-pathogenic yeasts, such as Blastobotrys. raffinosifermentans (formerly Arxula adeninivorans). These are used as hosts for the production of recombinant proteins, as gene donors and biocatalysts for new biotechnological products.
- Construction of yeast strains for the production of recombinant proteins with high enzymatic activities for the synthesis of 2,5-furandicarboxylic acid (FDCA) and establishment of microbial (mixed) cultures on a laboratory scale.
- Elaboration of a process for the catalysis of FDCA
- Participation in the drafting of patents for the provision of recombinant yeast strains for fermentation experiments at the IPK and at the project partners ASA Spezialenzyme GmbH (ASA) and Fraunhofer Centre for Chemical-Biotechnological Processes (CBP)
- Publication of the results in scientific journals
- Participation in future research proposals and projects
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a scientific university degree in biology, biotechnology, biochemistry or a related natural science (e.g. chemistry) with a relevant doctorate.
- You have strong knowledge in the fields of molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry or biotechnology.
- You have experience in the field of yeast genetics, especially with non-conventional yeasts, is essential.
- You have experience in the use of common MS Office applications.
- You have a very good command of English.
You fit to us:
- If you are interested in natural sciences.
- If you work independently and in a task-oriented manner.
- If you would like to work in a renowned research institute with modern equipment and an international atmosphere.
- If you have already worked with non-conventional yeasts.
- If you already have experience in independent project coordination and/or in the implementation of externally funded projects and the ability to organise complex project processes.
We offer you:
- a working environment with opportunities for further education and training and to help shape the future activities of a research focus in the PZB department.
- cooperation and support from competent colleagues.
- a full-time position with 40 hours per week, effective immediately and project-limited until 31.03.2026.
- performance-related remuneration according to TV-L up to remuneration group E13.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact Prof. Dr. G. Kunze Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5401; Thursdays between 9.00 and 11.00 a.m. or per Email: kunzeg(at)ipk-gaterslende directly.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete online application as one pdf-document (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) until 10.04.2023 (https://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/career/job-offers).
Please indicate the reference number 06/02/23 in your correspondence. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact our recruiting team (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
Foreign qualifications must carry out an equivalence test in Germany, which is subject to a fee. This must be presented in the event of a later hiring: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-of-comparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications.html