PostDoc Researcher (m/f/d)
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Frankfurt am Main
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states. Within SGN, the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
Senckenberg BiK-F invites applications for a
PostDoc Researcher (m/f/d)
in Population Genomics
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated applicant to join the working group of Prof. Dr. Markus Pfenninger and develop an own research profile. The candidate is expected to work on the population genomics and experimental evolution projects of the Molecular Ecology group.
- Analyse existing extensive data sets (deciduous trees, non-biting midges, ants, land snails and some more) and publish the results
- Develop own research ideas based on group projects
- Supervise lab members working with population genomics
- Develop course material for population genomics courses and assist in their teaching
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers
- Apply for third-part funding
- PhD in Population genomics or a related field
- strong interest and advanced skills in population genomics
- familiarity with the genome projects of the group
- very good written and oral communication skills in English
- interest to be involved in an international and interdisciplinary group
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 100%). The contract should start as soon as possible - ideally on January 1st, 2021 - and will initially be limited for two years.
The Senckenberg Research Institutes support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #11-20019) before October 25th, 2020 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a letter outlining your suitability for the post, a detailed CV, contact details of two potential references and, if available, publications to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For scientific enquiries please get in contact with Prof. Dr. Markus Pfenninger, markus.pfenninger(at)senckenberg.de.