Postdoc Scientist (f/m/d) for decision-support rules for agroforestry establishment
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The research project DAKIS (Digital Agricultural Knowledge Information System) is funded under the umbrella of the BMBF “Agricultural systems of the future” program, where blue sky research is fostered to find the ideal form of agriculture for the future conditions in Germany, anticipating recent developments in agricultural technology, digitalization and societal change. We believe that agricultural systems of the future can be spatially differentiated and functionally diversified by automated small-scale production systems, and tailored to society's needs through new, innovative information and management systems. Subject to funding, the project has a prospect of another 5 years.
We are offering a full-time position (100% of the regular weekly working time) temporally limited for 18 months at our location in Müncheberg for a
Postdoc Scientist (f/m/d) for decision-support rules for a agroforestry establishment
- assess the spatial potential for hedgerow and agroforestry establishment at field and landscape scales in existing agricultural landscapes
- model the impacts of hedgerow and agroforestry practices on the provision of regionally-relevant ecosystem services (e.g., pollination, erosion control)
- explore impacts of different species compositions and agroforestry types
- translate research outcomes into decision support rules
- contribute to trade-off analysis of multiple ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes
- publish results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- doctoral degree (or equivalent experience) in the field of agroecology, forestry, geography or related subjects
- proven knowledge of ecological processes in temperate agroforestry systems
- experience with spatially explicit ecosystem service quantification
- experience in programming (preferably R) and spatial analysis
- interest in interdisciplinary cooperation
- interest in scientific writing and excellent command of English
- work in inter-disciplinary and multinational team that encourages independence and self-reliance
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- excellent technical facilities and equipment (agroforestry experiment site);
- links to national and international research networks (e.g. FAIRagro, GAIA-X)
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states up to EG 13 (TV-L) (including special annual payment)
- opportunity to work partly mobile
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 04-2023 until 31 January 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.