Postdoctoral fellow (m/f/d) Algorithmic Bioinformatics research
Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapie (LIT), Regensburg
The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) researches and develops new immunotherapies for the treatment of tumours, autoimmune diseases and transplant rejections.
The LIT is seeking a highly motivated
Postdoctoral fellow (m/f/d)
BK-2023-3, (full time, 40.1 hours per week)
to join our Algorithmic Bioinformatics research group. The position is available starting September 1, 2023 and initially limited to two years with the possibility of continued employment.
The Algorithmic Bioinformatics research group is a purely computational lab developing and investigating new algorithms for solving bioinformatics problems on sequencing data. The problems we address include read alignment, variant detection & genotyping, genome assembly, whole-genome alignment and more in the context of human and population genetics, immunology, cancer and other biomedical research areas.
- Design, implement and test new algorithms for the analysis of short and long read (genome) sequencing data
- Analyze small to large-scale sequencing data sets
- Provide assistance to PhD students
- Supervise MSc students independently
- Support collaboration projects within the LIT
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics or a related field
- Profound understanding of sequence analysis algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience in high-throughput sequencing data analysis
- Good programminng skills in C++ and Python
- Strong publication record
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written in English
- An international cutting-edge research environment
- Possibility to visit international conferences and collaborators
- Individual development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- A highly motivated and cooperative team
- Job ticket
The remuneration is based on TV-L.
The Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy targets to increase the share of women in the workforce. Therefore, qualified female candidates are explicitly encouraged to submit their applications. Moreover, the LIT advocates for the compatibility of family and career.
Disabled applicants (m/f/d) with equal qualifications will receive preferential treatment within the recruitment procedure. Please refer to your disability status already in your application.
Please note that expenses that may arise in the context of an eventual job interview cannot be reimbursed.
For more information, please contact Birte Kehr (birte.kehr(at)ukr.de). We are looking forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, CV with publication list, certificates and two references. Please apply via our homepage www.rcii.de quoting the reference BK-2023-3.
The application deadline is June 25th, 2023.