Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d) - in the field of Plant Metabolic Modeling
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The newly established independent research group Metabolic Systems Interactions studies the capacities and constraints that shape plant metabolism. In our group we use mainly flux-balance approaches to analyze large-scale stoichiometric metabolic networks. Our goal is to guide metabolic engineering strategies that will improve crop productivity and quality.
- You are working in a project to elucidate metabolic behavior in maize kernel development. This includes the refinement/development of a tissue-specific flux-balance model of maize kernel metabolism, the analysis and integration of experimental data, and the generation and in silico testing of hypotheses with respect to energy metabolism and biomass formation.
- You communicate closely with experimental partners at the IPK.
- You will present your results at conferences and in scientific articles.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Plant Physiology or any related field.
- You are in the postdoctoral phase within 6 years of completing your doctorate.
- You have experience in the reconstruction or analysis of large-scale metabolic networks.
- You have a good background in plant physiology.
- You posses programming skills.
- Your track record is demonstrated by publications and conference contributions.
- Solid English skills are a prerequisite for effective work in our multicultural environment.
You fit to us:
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic and creative.
- You are able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- You have good communication skills.
- You see your future in academic research.
We offer you:
- … an interdisciplinary research environment at the intersection of plant sciences and computational biology.
- … a friendly and productive working environment.
- … a time-limited position for 36 months with a 100 % gross salary up to E13 TV-L.
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Nadine Töpfer (toepfer(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/) until 31.10.2019. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de). Please indicate the reference number 44/09/19 in your correspondence.