Postdoctoral researcher in computational biology (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Experimental Virology (HPI), Hamburg
The Leibniz Institute for Experimental Virology (HPI) is an independent research institution for basic biomedical research and, as a foundation under civil law and member of the Leibniz Association, occupies a leading position both nationally and internationally.
The Center for Structural Systems Biology (CSSB) is a research center in Hamburg dedicated to infection biology and the underlying mechanisms of important pathogenic processes. The CSSB is a joint initiative of ten research partners in northern Germany; one partner is the HPI.
As of the next possible date, the research group "Integrative Virology" located at the CSSB (Centre for Structural Systems Biology) and lead by Prof. Dr. Maya Topf is looking for a highly motivated and creative
Postdoctoral researcher in computational biology in full time (m/f/d)
To work on a collaborative a part of a collaborative project funded by the Wellcome Trust
- Design and development, and modelling or protein-protein interaction networks and complexes associated with virus infection
- Integrate complex bioinformatics and structural data
- Implement new algorithms for network analysis
- Develop and use AI tools
- Adapt and further develop legacy code to conform to new architecture designs
- Analyze and use data from cryo EM, light microscopy, and mass spectrometry-based proteomic techniques
- PhD in structural or computational biology
- Experience in developing machine learning algorithms
- Experience in developing and supporting software tools for the structural biology and computational biology communities
- Experience in network analysis
- Independent, conscientious and structured working style
- Excellent working atmosphere with a wide range of further training opportunities
- Cooperation with a young and highly motivated team
- Remuneration according to EG 13 TV-AVH (comparable to TVöD)
- The full-time position is initially limited for 2,5 years with the possibility of extension
- The postdoctoral researcher will benefit from the vibrant scientific environment of CSSB. They will also participate in international scientific conferences and workshops to present the developed methods and software.
For information about the HPI, CSSB and the departments please visit the following websites:
For further information on this opportunity contact Professor Maya Topf or Dr. Laetitia Adler-Ohde via e-mail (topfgroup(at)cssb-hamburg.de).
The Leibniz Institute for Experimental Virology promotes professional equality for all genders. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration in case of otherwise equal suitability, qualification and professional performance.
We look forward to receiving your complete and informative application documents in English language by 20.1.2022, preferably by e-mail or by post: Leibniz-Institut für Experimentelle Virologie (HPI), Personalabteilung, Martinistraße 52, 20251 Hamburg, e-mail: personalabteilung(at)leibniz-hpi.de. Please add contact details for reference and state your earliest possible starting date.