Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
German National Library of Science and Technology (TIB), Hannover
The Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology – Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – Program Area C, Research and Development, is looking to employ two
Postdoctoral Researchers (m/f/d)
to work in the Scientific Data Management Group led by Prof. (Univ. Simón Bolívar) Dr. Maria-Esther Vidal at the earliest possible date.
The positions are initially limited to 2 years with envisioned extension. The regular weekly working time is 39.8 hours (full-time). The positions are generally suitable for part-time work. The remuneration is based on pay scale group 13 TV-L.
- Research and development of methods for knowledge extraction, integration and discovery for large repositories of heterogeneous scientific data sources
- Participation in the preparation of applications for third-party funding
- Preparation of scientific publications
- Co-supervision of doctoral students
- Design and development of software solutions for innovative knowledge management services
- Own further qualification with the perspective of leading your own junior research group
- Successfully completed university degree (Master or comparable) in computer science and a very good doctorate/PhD
- Very good knowledge in one or more of these areas: Big Data Management, Databases, Knowledge Graphs, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Life Sciences, Knowledge Graphs and related areas
- Active publication activities and acquisition of third-party funds
- Above-average commitment, solution orientation, initiative and ability to work in a team, independent and structured way of working
- Excellent communication competence
- Very good proficiency in English
What we offer
In TIB’s Research and Development Department, you have the opportunity to further your scientific development in a dynamic and excellent research environment. We provide a scientifically and intellectually inspiring environment with an entrepreneurial mindset embedded in a leading technical university and one of the largest technical information centres being part of the Leibniz Association.
The research department at the TIB is relatively young and offers many opportunities. Currently, there are five research groups in the department: Data Science and Digital Libraries, Scientific Data Management, Knowledge Infrastructures, Learning and Skills Analytics and Visual Analytics. Common to all research groups is the vision to rethink the representation and provision of data and information and to organize them in an Open Research Knowledge Graph (ORKG) in the future. There is a close cooperation with the Research Center L3S of Leibniz University Hannover - the L3S is one of the world's leading research institutes in the fields of Web & Data Science. Last but not least, we attach great importance to an open and creative working atmosphere in which it is fun to work.
Furthermore, we offer
- Funding for necessary equipment, conference and research visit travel
- Candidates will work in the context of a national, European or international research and innovation project
- A portfolio of technology components to build on, including ORKG, OpenResearch.org, TIB AV-Portal, DBpedia.org and other
- A modern workplace in a central location of Hanover with a collegial, attractive and versatile working environment
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) as well as offers for reconciling work and family life, such as mobile work
- An employer with a wide range of internal and external further education and training measures, workplace health promotion and a supplementary pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- Discount for employees in the canteens of the Studentenwerk Hannover as well as the possibility to use the various offers of the University Sports Hannover
- A salary in pay scale group 13 according to the provisions of the collective agreement for the public service in Germany (TV-L)
If you are interested, questions regarding the positions can be addressed to Prof. (Univ. Simón Bolívar) Dr. Maria-Esther Vidal, head of Scientific Data Management Group, by mail at maria.vidal(at)tib.eu.
How to apply
To submit your application, please click here.
Paper applications are also possible on an equal basis. In this case, please send your complete application documents with the subject 52/2019 before December 6, 2019 addressed to
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B
or alternatively as a single PDF document file to bewerbung(at)tib.eu. For applications in digital from, please send a PDF file with a maximum size of 10 MB.
Who we are
TIB, being part of the Leibniz Research Association, is with around 550 employees one of the largest technical information centres in Germany, having three main functions:
1. Acting in the capacity of the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, our forward-looking services secure the infrastructural requirements for providing researchers in science and industry with high-quality information and literature.
2. Carrying out cutting edge research to further expand TIB’s role as a German information centre for the digitisation of science and technology.
3. Offer library services for the Leibniz University Hannover.
TIB is an equal opportunity employer, providing ideal working conditions and continuously taking action to enable its employees to combine career interests with family life. It wants to promote equal career opportunities for women and men in particular and therefore urges qualified women to apply.
Severely disabled candidates with comparable qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please note that your application documents will not be returned and application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information about the TIB, please visit: www.tib.eu/en/