Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d)
Research Center Borstel - Leibniz Lung Center (FZB), Borstel
We are announcing a full-time position as
Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d)
Topic: Polyamine metabolism as novel target for the development of novel anti-TB drugs
The Borstel Research Center is an internationally renowned research institute with 550 employees, financed by the Federal Government and the State of Schleswig-Holstein. Our central task is research and patient care in the field of respiratory diseases. We operate both basic research infrastructures and a medical clinic. Our goal is to improve existing methods for the detection, prevention and treatment of lung diseases and to develop new, innovative therapeutic approaches.
The position is available for two years within a BMBF-funded national research consortium focussing on target validation of a novel M. tuberculosis target. In a joint project of the RG Microbial Interface Biology (PD Dr. N. Reiling) and the National Reference Center for Mycobacteria (Dr. D. Hillemann), we focus on unexplored pathways in the macrophage interaction with pathogenic mycobacteria of the M. tuberculosis complex.
- Generation and analysis of M. tuberculosis deletion and complemented mutants
- M. tuberculosis gene expression analyses of related genes
- Generation and analysis of enzymatic inactive M. tuberculosis target variants
- Investigation of target inhibitors on M. tuberculosis growth in broth and macrophages
- Activity against drug-resistant M. tuberculosis clinical isolates
- Master/PhD in infection biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related fields
- Experience in M. tuberculosis infection biology in primary cells and animals
- Working experience under biosafety level 3 (BSL3) conditions
- Ability to work independently and to manage your own projects
- Good command of the German and/or English language
- Your new workplace is located in a top class research center close to Hamburg/Germany
- Become a member of a highly motivated team working on a translational tuberculosis project
- Collaborate with national and international project partners
- Receive payment according to TVöD-VKA incl. all benefits usually offered in the public sector
- Benefit from a special personal atmosphere and support
- Benefit from family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours
- Take advantage of a childcare centre on site and workplace health promotion
The FZB is certified for the "berufundfamilie" audit and specifically promotes the compatibility of career and family. The under-represented gender is given special consideration while maintaining the same professional and personal aptitude. Severely handicapped persons with otherwise equal aptitude are also given preferential consideration.
For further information please contact PD Dr. Norbert Reiling (nreiling(at)fz-borstel.de) or Dr. Doris Hillemann (dhillemann(at)fz-borstel.de). Please apply with the usual documents (without photo) until April 1, 2020 exclusively via our website www.fz-borstel.de.
For us, your age, gender and sexual identity, your world view, your ethnicity or a handicap are not important. We are solely interested in your knowledge and skills and your ability to work in a team. If attractive work content and a solution-oriented approach are more important to you than formalities, you are in the right place!