Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) experimental psychology
Leibniz Institute for Psychology (ZPID), Trier
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally recognized research-based psychology service center located in Trier (Germany) and is belonging to the Leibniz Association. ZPID is undergoing a strategic extension process aimed at becoming a one-stop, full-service provider supporting the entire spectrum of needs expressed by researchers and psychology professionals guided by the values of open science. In addition, ZPID is currently establishing research groups in meta-science and science acceptance.
Join the growing ZPID team! Current opening:
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
(salary group TV-L E13, 100 %, 3 years)
Preferred start date: before April 1, 2024.
Duties and functions:
Intuitive information processing has clear advantages for human cognition but also undesirable outcomes such as stereotyping and other biases. These biases are reduced when people experience cognitive conflicts. In a DFG-funded project, we aim to test whether cognitive conflicts can reduce biases and increase fact-based decision-making – in the experimental and work contexts. The postdoctoral researcher will conduct experiments on the impact of cognitive conflicts in simulated and actual work settings.
- Developing research paradigms
- Programming experiments and analyzing data
- Presenting results at conferences and writing research articles
- Supervising research assistants
- PhD in social, I/O, or experimental psychology
- Experience in experimental research
- Interest in designing interventions reducing cognitive biases
- Profound English language skills (spoken and written)
Please get in touch with Prof. Dr. Kai Sassenberg (ksa(at)leibniz-psychology.org) for further information on tasks or profile.
- An exciting scientific environment
- The opportunity to realize your own research ideas
- Excellent teamwork in a friendly and collegial atmosphere
- Family-friendly working conditions (certified by Audit berufundfamilie)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of (partial) home office
- Remuneration in salary group TV-L E 13 with a special annual payment
- Company pension scheme for the public sector (VBL)
- Company health management
- Possibility to use the facilities of the University of Trier
In order to apply, please register with our online portal here and upload the following documents (until December 3, 2023). We will start considering candidates as soon as application come in:
- Cover letter addressing the motivation for the application
- Relevant certificates of degree(s)
- Two references or names and contact details from people who are willing to provide a reference
Applications can be sent in German or English language.
ZPID is committed to equal opportunities in employment and, in particular, to increasing the number of women in academic positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
We observe guidelines regarding laws and regulations governing part-time employment. Among equally qualified applicants, disabled candidates will be given preference.
When applying for a position at ZPID, you will submit personal data. Please refer to our data protection statement in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection and processing of personal data as part of your online application at our website. With submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have reviewed ZPID's data protection statement.
Please note that online applications will only be accepted until 12/03/2023 via the following URL: https://leibniz-psychology.onlyfy.jobs/apply/9rroosrim7c28zm6an2yl0d7ceb7f8t