Postdoctoral researcher (m/w/d) "Global Mapping of Oases - Nodes of Biocultural Diversity"
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Frankfurt am Main
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (Senckenberg Society for Nature Research, www.senckenberg.de) is a member of the Leibniz Association. About 850 people, at seven institutes across Germany, work on the Earth System, exploring a systemic understanding of nature and its interactions with the Anthroposhere. Furthermore, the Senckenberg natural history museums are places of learning and wonder and serve as open platforms for a democratic dialog with society.
Senckenberg is seeking applications for the position of a
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
“Global Mapping of Oases – Nodes of Biocultural Diversity”
- Developing a global data base of oases
- Assessing the environmental and cultural state of oases
- Advancing the concept of biocultural diversity
- Contributing to a museum exhibition on oases
- Doctoral degree in biology, ecology, geosciences, geography, biodiversity-informatics, or another relevant discipline
- Proven experience in data mining, scientific databases, and meta-analyses
- Fundamental knowledge about biodiversity sensu lato
- Strong interest in science communication and outreach activities
Candidates should exhibit critical thinking skills, an independent work ethic, the motivation to implement advanced concepts into the research workflow and be open to other disciplines.
Salary and benefits are according to a full-time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13). The contract should start as soon as possible and will initially be limited to two years, with an option of extension.
The Senckenberg Research Institutes support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref.#01-21019) before July, 9th 2021 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter describing your motivation to apply, a detailed CV and contact details of three references to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main