Postdoctorial researcher (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). The institute also maintains locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The Integrated Cropping System Analysis working group is offering a 3-year postdoc position as part of FAIRagro. FAIRagro is a consortium in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) in Germany. Aims and tasks of FAIRagro comprise the development of a networked research data management (RDM) for agrosystems research and the establishment of an interoperable, scalable, quality-assured and user-friendly research data infrastructure under consideration of the FAIR data principles. This position will support the development of RDM solutions for agroecosystem modellers working from field to landscape and larger scales.
This 3-year full time position at our Müncheberg location is offered as
Postdoctorial researcher (f/m/d)
- develop processing pipeline to create model calibration datasets for soil organic matter processes from published literature
- create workflows for reproducible data scaling and aggregation
- regular interaction with FAIRagro team to develop appropriate infrastructure
- collaborate with external colleagues working with large datasets in agroecosystem modelling
- publication of results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- PhD agriculture, soil science, geography, mathematics, physics or similar
- familiarity with process based crop or ecological simulation models
- experience working with big datasets and/or with FAIR research data management
- basic scripting skills in (e.g., R, Python, …)
- knowledge of soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics in agroecosystems an asset
- excellent communication skills in English; German language skills an asset but not required
- good team work skills with interest to collaborate across disciplines
- interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence
- opportunity to collaborate with leading international scientists and networks in cropping and eco-system analysis and research data management
- strong institutional commitment to a good work-life balance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to EG13 (including special annual payment)
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. The filling of the position in part-time is possible in principle. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 126-2023 until December 31, 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr.Heidi Webber, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached. If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.