Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
We offer a full time position limited to 24 months as a
in the Service Group Models & Simulation at our location in Müncheberg. Transition into a permanent position is intended.
The area of responsibility includes the development of apps, computer simulations for models and their components, web pages / web-based applications and database applications. You will develop, improve and adapt scientific software and scripts in close cooperation with ZALF scientists.
- Development of apps, computer simulations for models and their components
- Development and maintenance of websites / web-based applications
- Development and maintenance of database applications
- Work together with ZALF scientists to develop and update scientific software and scripts
- Adapt software for specific projects
- Completed degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work in a team
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in frontend development (e.g. for web, apps (Android / iOS) or desktop UI)
- Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL / MS Access / PostgreSQL)
- Beneficial is the experience with other programming and scripting languages like: R, Java, C#, C ++, Go and their frameworks, libraries and development environments
- Experience in handling versioning software (such as GIT)
- Experience with cross-platform software development (Microsoft Windows and Linux)
- Openness to learn new programming languages and frameworks and to adapt to changing project requirements
- For strategic development, basic knowledge and a far-reaching overview in the range of modern software technologies are an advantage
- You should be able to work independently, but also in the team, and be capable of integrating into an international research environment
- An interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- Salary is graded to level 11 according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L), (including special annual payment)
- A collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 106-2019 until December 30, 2019 to Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Claas Nendel, Tel. +49(0)33432/82-355 or Prof. Frank Ewert, Tel. +49(0)33432/82-355.