project coordinator (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute of European History Mainz (IEG)
The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) in Mainz invites applications for the position of a
project coordinator (m/f/d)
beginning as of 1 July 2021, limited to 3 years.
The project coordinator will manage the workflows and communication in the historical geohumanities project »DigiKAR«. The project is funded by the Leibniz Association and carried out in cooperation with three German and one French partner institution. The aim of the project is the experimental modelling and visualisation of location-based data from early modern Electoral Mainz and Electoral Saxony (especially 17th and 18th centuries). The project coordinator works in the DH Lab of the IEG Mainz and reports to the academic management of »DigiKAR«.
Due to the duration of the project funding, the position is limited to 36 months. The salary grade accords with the German government’s pay scheme (TV-L E 13, 50%).
- coordination of the workflow, coordination of the team collaboration and monitoring of the project progress
- moderation of internal project communication and support of external contributors (e.g. libraries, archives and historical societies)
- public relations, writing press releases, managing the project's website and social media channels
- event organisation for public workshops and internal project meetings
- securing project results, responsibility for project documentation and reporting
- completed studies in the humanities, cultural studies or social sciences (MA), ideally with a historical perspective
- very good written and spoken German, ideally experience in dealing with historical texts of the early modern period, good written English skills
- ability to communicate and work in a team
- experience in project management (research projects or business/administration)
- experience with digital communication tools (content management systems, blogs, wikis, social media)
- knowledge of or willingness to learn software such as ticketing (Gitlab), file sharing (Seafile) and video/audio editing
- willingness to travel occasionally (especially to Regensburg and Leipzig)
- knowledge in the field of digital publications, research data, »Open Educational Resources« and citizen science/public humanities is desirable
What we offer:
The IEG supports research projects on European history from the early modern period until 1989/90 and also engages with current developments in the Digital Humanities. We are particularly interested in projects with a comparative or cross-border approach, on European history in its relation to the wider world, or on topics in intellectual and religious history. We offer a vibrant and interdisciplinary working environment as well as a motivating and a friendly working atmosphere.
Please combine all of your application materials (cover letter, CV, certificates) into a single PDF file and send it with the identification number IEG-DIGIKIR to the personnel department of the Leibniz Institute of European History (bewerbung(at)ieg-mainz.de) until 8 March 2021.
We particularly welcome applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
For further inquiries about the application, the research project, your tasks and the work structure please contact Prof. Dr. Johannes Paulmann and Dr. des. Monika Barget, digikar(at)ieg-mainz.de.