Project Lead (m/f/d)
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world's leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
For the project East Africa Peru India Climate Capacities (EPICC) PIK is offering
Project Lead (m/f/d)
(Position number: 58-2021-Project Lead EPICC)
with interdisciplinary background to lead a large international research and capacity building project, starting on 1.1.2022.
The position is funded until 31.12.2023. Remuneration is in accordance with the German public tariff scheme (TV-L Brandenburg), salary group E 14. This is a full-time position with a weekly working time of 40 hours per week. Appointment is conditional on approval by the funding agency.
- Leading an interdisciplinary, international research and capacity building project across several research domains
- Fostering exchange and joint research activities across research areas (climate, hydrology, agriculture, human migration)
- Regular reporting of project activities and achievement to the funder together with project coordinator
- Budgetary oversight and quality management for a large research project
- Monitoring of project indicators
- Independent research and academic publishing activity in climate migration or a related field
- Acquisition of funding for future research projects in coordination with Future Labs and Research Domains
- Representation of the project at international and national academic conferences
- Development of the project: academic output, anchoring of knowledge in political processes abroad (national adaptation plans and other government strategies), fostering partnerships with academic, governmental institutions and NGOs abroad
- Doctorate degree in a relevant discipline (min. 3 years postdoctoral experience)
- Track record of academic publications
- Experience in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Proven project management skills and experience in the coordination of scientific projects or in stakeholder network management (min. 3 years)
- Experience in personnel management is a plus
- Intercultural competence and experience abroad
- Fluency in English and intermediate knowledge of German are required
- Skills in statistical methods are a plus
- Knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- The ability to work independently, on your own initiative and in a team
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary work
- A methodical, systematic and goal-oriented approach
- Organizational talent and excellent intercultural communication skills
- The capacity to familiarize yourself quickly with new topics
- Flexibility and openness to new approaches
- Reliability, the ability to cope with high work demand and a high level of motivation
- Willingness to travel for the organization of workshops and knowledge transfer activities
- the chance to be part of a creative, interdisciplinary team
- a stimulating working environment in an internationally recognised research institute on Potsdam's beautiful, historic Telegrafenberg campus, a short commuting distance from Berlin
- a collective pay scheme and associated benefits
PIK seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. Applications by persons with a migration background are expressly encouraged. Applications of disabled persons with equal qualifications will be regarded favourably. PIK also encourages applications by parents returning from parental leave.
Please apply by 20.10.2021 directly using our application form.
For further information or to discuss the position please contact Ms. Andrea Kambergs via Andrea.Kambergs(at)pik-potsdam.de.