Project Specialist (f/m/d)
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Mannheim
GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
For the Family Research and Demographic Analysis (FReDA) project, our Team Survey Synergies, located in Mannheim, is currently looking for a
Project Specialist (f/m/d)
(Salary group 11 TV-L, 100%, limited until 31.12.2024 – subject to third party funding approval)
Monitoring current social developments is a primary objective of the social sciences. The department „Monitoring Society and Social Change“ supports the social sciences in this task by providing comprehensive data and tools to describe and analyse social changes. In close cooperation with the Federal Institute for Population Research (BiB) and the pairfam consortium, FReDA will integrate GGP and pairfam in one German data infrastructure. FReDA is designed as a panel study including anchors and their partners, starting in 2020 with recruitment interviews before going fully operational.
Your tasks will be:
- Supporting the implementation of the FReDA panel (preparing data collection, fieldwork monitoring, data preparation)
- Particularly, programming web surveys of the FReDA panel and designing paper questionnaires
- Support with preparing study reports and documentations
- Good university degree (B.A.), e.g. in social sciences (sociology, political sciences, psychology), or a comparable vocational training, e.g. in market or social research
- Experiences with survey projects are an advantage
- Skills in designing print media (e.g. flyers, brochures) are an advantage
- Very good skills in German and English (spoken and written) as well as the ability and willingness to work in a German-speaking environment
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between the social sciences and computer science. As an infrastructure institution, we promote social science research and cooperate with renowned international research institutes.
GESIS supports your career development. We offer a wide range of career opportunities in an attractive and rewarding work environment that allows you to carry out your tasks in a creative and autonomous manner. You will work in an international environment in the heart of Mannheim and benefit from our flexible working conditions as well as our extensive internal and external networks.
GESIS is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to disability regulations.
We are a family-friendly employer and have been certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010. The position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Our reference number is DBG-48.
You will find further information under www.gesis.org.