Proteomics Application Specialist (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena
The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de). The Core Facilities and Core Services of the FLI support scientists with state-of-the-art technology platforms and methodology to carry out their research in a timely and efficient way. For our Core Facility Proteomics we are looking for an outstanding and highly qualified Proteomics Application Specialist (m/f/d) who is able to run projects, support scientists and contribute to the development of the facility.
The Core Facility Proteomics provides a complete platform for the identification and quantification of proteins using mass spectrometry. We are equipped with state-of-the-art chromatography systems, automated liquid handling devices and mass spectrometers (Thermo Orbitrap Fusion Lumos and Q Exactive HF-X) that enable multiple MS and LC-MS/MS experiments. The facility is scientifically supervised by Alessandro Ori: www.leibniz-fli.de/research/research-groups/ori/
- Contribute to the overall management and running of the Proteomics Facility
- Support users in the design, execution and interpretation of proteomic experiments
- Maintain and improve standard operation procedures (SOPs) and workflows for the identification and quantification of proteins and peptides by mass spectrometry
- Contribute to the development of new sample preparation and data analysis strategies for the investigation of biological samples
- Actively participate in the strategic development of the Proteomics Facility and recruitment of new staff members
- Degree in Biology / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Physics or related and at least 3 years of experience in Proteomics applications
- Excellent know-how in quantitative proteomic workflows and data analysis
- Leadership qualities, experience in supervising co-workers and excellent team-working capabilities
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, as well as very good communication skills
- Candidates with wet lab experience and/or computational background are encouraged to apply
The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience in automated sample preparation
- Knowledge in bioinformatics analyses of proteomics data
- Opportunity to join an international team in a well equipped and funded facility and to collaborate with scientists on ambitious projects tackling fundamental questions in the aging field. Opportunity to develop own scientific projects.
- Contract initially limited to two years with long term perspective and the opportunity to develop into a manager position upon evaluation. The contract conditions are based on the collective labour agreement for public service employees (initially TV-L E13), plus an attractive occupational pension (VBL)
- Flexible working time, a family friendly working environment including support for child care solutions and dual career
Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job ID 20/01) latest by March 20th, 2020
by email: jobs(at)leibniz-fli.de
Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung—Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V.