Public Engagement Coordinator (m/f/d)
Museum für Naturkunde - Leibniz Institute for Research on Evolution and Biodiversity (MfN), Berlin
Our Mission: Discovering and describing life and earth - with people, through dialogue.
The Museum für Naturkunde Berlin (MfN) is an excellent and integrated research museum of the Leibniz Association with an international reputation and globally connected research infrastructure. MfN is active in three closely interlinked fields: collection-based research, collection development, and research-based public and educational outreach. Over the next ten years, the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin will build up a science campus for nature and society in the centre of Berlin as science hub, together with the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin. New laboratories and workplaces for cutting-edge research will be established. One of the world's most comprehensive natural history collections with over 30 million objects will be housed in state of the art buildings as well as fully digitized. The implementation of the so-called Zukunftsplan (future plan), funded with a total of 660 million euros from the Federal Government and the State of Berlin, strongly relies on interdisciplinary national and international partners. Become part of our team as
Position: Public Engagement Coordinator (f/m/d)
Work schedule: Full time (39 h 24 min per week), part-time work can be considered
Duration: at the earliest possible date for 18 months
Salary Level: E 11 TV-L
The Berlin School of Public Engagement and Open Science is a joint project between the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and the Robert Bosch Stiftung. Embedded in the Science Campus for Nature and Society, which the Museum für Naturkunde and Humboldt-Universität will build in the coming years, the Berlin School will become a physical and digital hub for interaction, innovation and exchange between research and all its societal, industrial, cultural or political stakeholders.
The aim of the three-year pilot phase is to facilitate the necessary institutional culture change in Public Engagement and Open Science, to build bridges between theory and practice and to establish a diverse portfolio of training and professional development opportunities.
- development and delivery of events, collaboration projects, as well as a training portfolio for the Berlin School of Public Engagement and Open Science
- local, national and international community building as well as the coordination and communication with various stakeholders and partners
- strategic conceptual development of the Berlin School as well as administrative support
- academic degree or several years of proven work experience in a relevant field
- interest and experience in one or multiple of the following topics: Science communication, Public Engagement, training, professional development, knowledge transfer, interdisciplinary and creative collaborations, project management, event organisation, innovation, data management, evaluation
- experience in the conceptualisation, organisation and delivery of digital and/or physical events, trainings or workshop formats
- knowledge in national and international community and network building and maintenance for various stakeholders and audiences
- track record of experience in academic publications, project and evaluation reports
- experience in collaboration and communication formats as well as supporting software packages (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Miro, Padlet, newsletter editor, e-learning platforms)
- experience of successfully working independently, organised and with multiple simultaneous deadlines
- experience of communicating with multiple stakeholders and audiences (in speaking and writing)
- knowledge in financial administration and contracting are an advantage
- fluent English (both orally and in writing), German knowledge of advantage
- experienced with MS Office software package
In support of equal rights applications from qualified women are particularly welcome. Handicapped individuals will be given preference in cases of identical qualifications.
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates) by 22.04.2021 preferably via our online application portal.
For information on the application procedure, please contact recruiting(at)mfn.berlin.
Family Policy: The Museum für Naturkunde has set itself the goal of promoting a work-life balance and has been awarded the certificate berufundfamilie audit of berufundfamilie gGmbH - an initiative of the Hertie Foundation. Further information can be found under: https://www.museumfuernaturkunde.berlin/en/uber-uns/jobs-und-karriere/arbeiten-am-museum-fur-naturkunde/reconciling-work-and-family-life-audit.