R&D Position in Multimodal Image Registration and Normalization (f/m/d)
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben
The Image Analysis group of the IPK Gatersleben seeks a qualified computer scientist (pre- or postdoc) to perform R&D work on the field of multimodal 2D/3D image registration and normalization.
- You will develop an efficient algorithmic framework for automated rigid and non-rigid registration, normalization and deformable modeling of a large amount of 3D tomographic and 2D projection images
- You will communicate with internal and external cooperation partners
- You will present results at scientific meetings and publish journal articles
You fit to us:
- if you are a passionate software developer
- if you like to work in a team and to reach goals together
- if you like to work in an interdisciplinary environment on the boundary between computer and biological sciences
Your qualifications and skills:
- You have a Master degree in informatics, mathematics, physics or similar educational background
- You have experience in development of algorithms for registration and normalization of 2D RGB and 3D tomographic data and/or deformable modeling of biological structures
- You have profound programming skills in MATLAB, Python and/or C/C++
- Previous experience in biomedical image analysis or modelling of biological structures proven by relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals is a plus
We offer you:
- a cutting edge interdisciplinary research environment
- a project-based position until 31.3.2022
- a gross salary of up to 100% E 13 TV-L
- a collegial working atmosphere
If you need further information, feel free to contact Dr. Evgeny Gladilin Tel. +49 39482–5157.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 14.3.2021 via online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/).
If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 04/01/21 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.