Research Analyst Industrial Ecology (m/f/d)
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world's leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
For the project Institutionalizing a German Tourism-Climate Fund (DKT) funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action PIK is offering
Research AnalystIndustrial Ecology(m/f/d).
(Position number: 11-2023 Research Analyst Industrial Ecology)
in the field of Industrial Ecology, starting on 01.06.2023.
The position is funded for two years. Remuneration is in accordance with the German public tariff scheme (TV-L Brandenburg), salary group E 13. This is a full-time position with a weekly working time of 40 hours per week. Appointment is conditional on approval by the funding agency.
- maintain, update and further develop our multi-regional input output models,
- calculate greenhouse gas footprints of the German tourism industry,
- establish a production based greenhouse gas inventory of the German tourism industry,
- contribute to the implementation of the DKT project through close collaboration with BTW and stakeholders in Germany,
- liaise and maintain communication with the researcher responsible for the local greenhouse gas inventories of the German tourism industry,
- write and publish articles in peer-reviewed journals that highlight findings from the research project and present research findings at international conferences,
- liaise and maintain communication with project funder, responding to information requests, preparing project progress reports and policy briefs,
- support data collection, literature review and analysis, and the translation of scientific findings into policy recommendations for climate protection in the tourism sector.
- you hold a master degree or a PhD in a field related to the tasks above, e.g. industrial ecology, ecological economics, statistics, or related fields with a quantitative, empirical orientation and fundamental knowledge of environmental accounting and multiregional input-output analysis,
- you have expertise in data analysis with at least one statistical program (e.g. R, Stata), Programing skills in R or experience with other programing languages are valuable,
- experience with climate protection in the tourism sector is an asset,
- experience in working with industry partners is an asset,
- you have strong analytical and scientific writing skills.
- the ability to work independently and on your own initiative,
- a methodical and systematic approach,
- structured and goal-oriented thinking,
- capacity to familiarise yourself quickly with new topics,
- creativity and openness to new approaches,
- a high level of competence in oral and written English (proficiency in German is an asset),
- reliability, the ability to cope with stress, and a high level of motivation,
- willingness to travel for work (project meetings, workshops etc.) and take part in further training,
- capacity for teamwork,
- organisational talent.
- the chance to be part of a creative, interdisciplinary team,
- a stimulating working environment in an internationally recognised research institute on Potsdam's beautiful, historic Telegrafenberg campus, a short commuting distance from Berlin,
- flexi-time and mobile working (up to 40% of your hours),
- a collective pay scheme and associated benefits as well as a subsidized travel card.
PIK values equality and diversity. We encourage applications without photo. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of ethnic and social origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, care responsibilities, or age. PIK seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. PIK also encourages applications by parents returning from parental leave.
Please apply by 02.04.2023directly using our application form.
If you hold an international higher education qualification, please also submit the Statement of Comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) with your application. In the case that you do not yet have a ZAB Statement of Comparability for your qualification, please be aware that you will need to request this if your application is successful. You can find further information on this website: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education.html
For further information or to discuss the position please contact Prof. Dr.Helga Weisz, email: email@example.com, Telephone+49 (0)331-288-2494.