Research Assistant (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP), Greifswald
For our mass spectroscopy team at the ZIK plasmatis “Plasma-Liquid-Effects” the INP is seeking to hire as soon as possible (summer 2020) a motivated
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
Fixed term contract for 15 months/Full-time appointment (40 hours/week)/Target salary: TV-L (pay scale area East)/E 13
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The research project will focus several aspects. One aspect is the analysis of proteomics data sets acquired across several research projects using statistical approaches and text mining tools. The second aspect is the correlation of such data with experimental observations in model systems. This includes the collaboration with other projects and laboratory in vitro and ex vivo investigations using wet chemistry techniques including electrochemistry and cell culture procedures. The third aspect is to support the planning and conduction of experiments of the methods mentioned across the different projects currently running the research group.
- Master of Science in any natural science
- Experience in lab management, including method standardization
- Knowledge in mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography based analytical approaches
- (first) experience in handling and analysis of large data sets
- Experience in electrochemical methods
- Flexibility, dedication, detail orientation, team work competency but also ability to work independent
- Ability to manage several projects independently
OUR OFFER FOR YOU:
- Compensation according to the collective salary agreement of Länder (TVL, pay scale area East) including employer contributions to medical and dental insurance, maternity leave and retirement benefits
- Creative work environment
- State-of-the-art technical facilities
- Networking opportunities at national and international conferences and in cooperation with national and international industry partners
- Possibility of designing and implementing own project ideas
- Internal laboratory tours (“What do the colleagues do?”)
- In-house training (e.g. project management, scientific writing, writing project proposals, German language course)
- Flexible working hours and home-office offers
- 30 vacation days per year (plus: 24 and 31 December)
- Sports courses in our institute rooms
- Staff kitchen
Our institute ranks among the largest and most modern institutions in the field of low-temperature plasmas worldwide. In an international working environment, we conduct socially relevant research within our core areas Materials & Energy and Environment & Health. Currently the INP employs about 200 scientists and staff at three locations (Greifswald, Rostock and Karlsburg).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the common documents (cover letter, CV, references) giving the keyword „0350 Research Assistant Analytical Chemistry“- preferably via our online application form - until July 2nd 2020.
Your performance and personality matters regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or ideology. We look forward to receiving your applications!
For professional information and inquiries, please contact Dr. Kristian Wende (Tel.: 03834-554 3923; kristian.wende(at)inp-greifswald.de).
Please send your applications to*:
Leibniz-Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP)
Mrs. Gabriele Lembke
Human Resources Department
* Unfortunately, we cannot refund any of your expenses for applications and job interviews due to budgetary regulations.
For further information, please visit our website at www.leibniz-inp.de.