Research Assistant (m/f/d) Competence Field "Digitalized Process&Material Development"
Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe (IVW), Kaiserslautern
The Leibniz-Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe (IVW) GmbH is one of the world's leading institutions in the field of composite materials. We investigate and develop the entire value chain of composites "from the scientific fundamentals to the component".
To strengthen our team we are looking for an employee for the competence field "Digitalized Process & Material Development":
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
The competence field "Digitized Process & Material Development" deals, among other things, with approaches for predicting material properties of fiber reinforced polymers by means of simulation. For this, simulation models are developed that reproduce the structural material composition of fibers and polymer matrix. The realistic modeling of structures is a critical challenge, which will be addressed at the IVW by novel approaches. Your research tasks include the intelligent combination of computer-based modeling, 3D X-ray microscopy and, in particular, machine learning approaches. Within the framework of a publicly funded research project, you will cooperate with an industrial company (simulation software). You will have the possibility to do a doctorate.
- High motivation, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Independent working method
- Communication and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge in computational science (esp. machine learning, (material) simulation)
- Technical/scientific university degree with an above-average level of achievement
- Cooperation in national and international as well as multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible working time models (Work-Life-Balance)
- Remuneration in line with the public sector, including the usual social benefits and the possibility of a company pension plan as well as a subsidy for capital-forming payments
- A varied further training program
- A wide range of sports and leisure activities
- Health days and a company integration management system
IVW is committed to the employment of people with disabilities: Applications from severely disabled persons and their equals are given preferential consideration if they are suitable.
IVW sees itself as a modern and cosmopolitan employer. We welcome your application regardless of your age, gender, cultural and social background, religion, ideology, disability or sexual identity. We promote gender equality.
For further information contact
PD. Dr.-Ing. habil. David May, E-Mail: david.may(at)ivw.uni-kl.de - Phone: 0631/2017-400
Please send your electronic application to: personalwesen(at)ivw.uni-kl.de