research assistant (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The junior research group "Neuroimaging and Interindividual Differences" (Dep. Psychology and Neuroscience) is looking for a
research assistant (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
the position is limited to a period of 4 years.
Description of activities
Subject to the approval of the funder, we are looking for a scientist at postdoctoral level for an exciting project in human fear extinction learning. Using advanced multimodal imaging methods in humans we will test how dynamic interactions between core regions of the fear extinction network and other related networks shape learning. We will use high-resolution laminar 7T recordings in order to disentangle feedforward and feedback interactions. These experiments will be conducted via simultaneous EEG and 7T fMRI recordings in order to unravel the electrophysiological origins of the aforementioned interactions.
The project is part of a collaborative research center SFB 1280 “Extinction Learning” which is an interdisciplinary network of partners from the fields of psychology, medicine, neuroinformatics and biology funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). Scientists from the Ruhr University Bochum and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Duisburg-Essen, the Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at the Technical University of Dortmund and the Philipps University of Marburg are cooperating.
- PhD in psychology, neuroscience, physics, engineering or computer science
- proven expertise with respect to conduction, and analysis of, structural and functional MRI data and EEG data
- Expertise in high-resolution laminar 7T recordings or simultaneous EEG/fMRI recordings
- Matlab programming skills
- A full-time position with currently 39,83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (Job value EG 13 TV-L. The grouping takes place depending on the collective bargaining and personal requirements).
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- promotion of professional development.
- flexible working hours to enable the reconciliation of family and career
- good accessibility by public transport.
- Attractive region with many cultural activities.
The IfADo promotes the professional equality of women and men and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees.
The application of female researchers is explicitly encouraged.
In case of equal qualifications, application of severely disabled candidates have priority.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Erhan Genç, genc(at)ifado.de, 0231 1084 520.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant certificates including the reference code "Postdoc SFB1280 A03" until 30.9.2021, preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*We ask you to submit application documents only in copies and not in folders as the documents are not returned. These will be destroyed by privacy after expiration of the retention period.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.