Research Associate (m/f/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver economically, environmentally and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The Research Platform Data Analysis and Simulation develops and operates simulation models for biophysical processes in agricultural landscapes. These models are used, among other things, to describe the effects of climate change on agricultural yields and other ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes and to project them into the future.
We offer – subject to funding approval – a full (100%) position for 12 months in Müncheberg for a
Research Associate (m/f/d)
for Agroecosystem Modelling
- Set up and run an agro-ecosystem model on a high performance computer to simulate agricultural yields under climate change.
- Testing the model at different spatial scales
- Evaluate the simulation results
- Preparing a report on the results
- Master's degree in agricultural, environmental or earth sciences
- Training in geo-data analysis and multivariate statistics
- Good programming skills in Python
- First experience with simulation models is an advantage
- Very good written and spoken English
- Good team work skills and willingness to collaborate across disciplines
- An interdisciplinary working environment that promotes independent action and independent work
- Pay scale according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) 13 (100%) (including annual bonus payment)
- A collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
Women are expressly invited to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal suitability. Please send your application with the usual documents, in particular curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications and references, preferably by e-mail (one PDF document, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files such as zip, rar, etc., MS Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) quoting the reference number 01-2021 by 31. Januar 2021 an Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Claas Nendel, Tel. 033432/82-355, claas.nendel(at)zalf.de.
For reasons of cost, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if a sufficiently stamped return envelope is enclosed.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU-DSGVO only for the purpose of processing your application and for purposes arising from possible future employment at ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You will find further information at www.zalf.de/de/ueber_uns/Seiten/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx.