Research Associate (PhD position) (m, f, d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Research group Neuroimmunology (Dept. of Immunology) invites applications for a
Research Associate (PhD position)
(m, f, d)
preferably beginning in January 2022. The position is initially limited to 3 years.
The Candidate will be part of a collaborative research project investigating the role of neurotransmitters on rheumatic diseases, with special focus on bone metabolism.
- Degree in one of the following subjects: biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or pharmacy is required
- Basic laboratory skills in cell culture, protein biochemistry, and molecular biology
- Experience with flow cytometry is desirable
- Communication and teamwork skills, above-average commitment and ability to work independently
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and on your own initiative
- Ability to establish techniques and present data at international meetings
- Applicants planning an academic career are especially welcome
- A part-time position (65%) with currently 25,89 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- A positive working environment in a supporting team
- Possibility to graduate
- Promotion of professional development
- An interesting, responsible and varied workplace
- Good accessibility by public transport
- Attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin. Where appropriate, there is also the possibility of part-time work.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Silvia Capellino (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant final and employment certificates, CV, list of publications, a letter of motivation and addresses from two reference sources until October 31st 2021 preferably by mail with the Subject "PhD Immuno" to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative, we will accept your application by mail to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
(We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.)