Research Associate/Postdoc (f/m/d)
Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER), Dresden
The Leibniz Institute of Ecological and Regional Development (IOER) in Dresden offers the following post-doc position (employment according to WissZeitVG) for three years as soon as possible:
Research Associate/Postdoc (f/m/d)
in the field of Landscape Transformation
TV-L, E 13 , Full time with 40 working hours per week.
The Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development is a non-university research center, and a member of the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft. Our subject is the sustainable development and transformation of cities and regions in the context of the global human-ecological crisis.
The advertised position is assigned to the research area 'Landscape, Ecosystems and Biodiversity' (FB L).
We deal with questions concerning landscape change and transformation processes in cities and regions and their sustainability. The focus is on (urban) open spaces conceived as social-ecological systems, their ecosystem services (ESS) and biodiversity, as well as on concepts, strategies and instruments to influence their development pathways. Our work ranges from fundamental research on understanding human-nature relations in spatial contexts as well as their transformation dynamics and sustainability, to application-oriented research on various governance, planning and assessment approaches, including the development of indicators. Concepts such as 'Nature Based Solutions', 'Green-Blue Infrastructures', 'Biodiversity Offsets' and ‘Stewardship’ are therefore central for our research agenda.
The advertised post-doctoral position shall further strengthen the social- and spatial science expertise of our highly interdisciplinary team, focusing especially on the human and socio-spatial dimensions of landscape and open space transformations. It offers the opportunity to develop a distinctive researcher profile based on the applicants particular strengths. This includes the conception of own projects and funding acquisition (esp. DFG and EU) for advanced basic and transdisciplinary research as well as related transfer processes. There is also the possibility of co-designing the research program of the research area.
Expected skills and competencies
- Excellent Master's or diploma degree in a relevant subject (e.g. spatial planning, landscape planning, urban planning, geography, environmental sciences, spatial sociology, anthropology)
- Excellent Doctoral thesis in a relevant discipline, and thus in-depth knowledge in pertinent fields of work for the research area
- Own publications in pertinent subject areas (especially journal articles, book chapters or conference contributions)
- Ability to attract competitive research grants, to manage research projects and to coordinate and guide research teams (at IOER and within international research consortia)
- Solid methodological skills regarding empirical social research
- Knowledge in handling geo information systems (ArcGis / QGIS) and statistical software is desired
- Sound team working and collaborative leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and to self-organize
- English language proficiency (CEFR level C1 or higher)
- German language proficiency would be an asset
We offer you
- Collaboration in a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team in a leading research institute of the Leibniz Association
- flat hierarchies and opportunities for participation
- creative and motivating working environment
- lively social culture and diversity
- openness and trusting cooperation
- family justice and flexible working time models
- equal opportunities (multiple Total-E-Quality certification)
- career planning and further education opportunities
- sustainability management
- job ticket
The IOER promotes professional equality between women and men as well as diversity, and is particularly committed to reconciling family and professional life. Women are expressly encouraged to apply. Applications from recognised severely disabled people are welcome.
Place of work is Dresden.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas, certificates of employment or references) in the form of a single PDF file as an e-mail attachment, stating the password "Post-Doc FB L", by May 30, 2022 to jobs(at)ioer.de or by post to:
Leibniz-Institut für ökologische Raumentwicklung e.V.
Personalbüro (Kennwort: Post-Doc FB L)
Your application documents will not be returned, please submit only copies.