Research Associate (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
In the department "Ergonomics" in the area of work design / cognitive ergonomics / neuroergonomics there is a vacancy for a
Research Associate (m/f/d)
to be filled. The position is initially limited to 3 years.
IfADo has all survey methods of behavioral sciences, cognitive neurosciences as well as a high competence in occupational science and occupational medicine. Accordingly, there are also special laboratories and measuring devices for physical and mental stress examinations as well as mobile measuring methods for recording whole-body movements, eye movements and for electrophysiological peripheral and central nervous measurements. Special attention is paid to the bidirectional transfer between basic and applied research.
- Enjoy researching human behavior, performance, resilience, and vulnerability in the context of modern digital work environments
- Interest in the human-centered design of work environments
- Planning and conducting work science and work psychology research projects in the area of work design
- Experience and interest in planning and conducting field and laboratory studies with the organization in interdisciplinary teams
- University degree in psychology, cognitive science, occupational science, or related field, as well as a very strong doctoral degree in one of these fields
- Knowledge of the latest research and analysis methods in the field of behavioral, subjective and electrophysiological measurement techniques
- Ability to present and publish research findings at professional conferences and in professional journals
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to collaborate with other IfADo research groups
- Experience and/or willingness to obtain external funding
- Experience and/or willingness to supervise PhD students
- Knowledge of methods from the field of neuroergonomics is desirable
- A full-time position with currently 39.83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Promotion of professional development with the possibility of habilitation
- Embedding in a strong local network with Fraunhofer institutes, TU Dortmund University and Dortmund University of Applied Sciences
- Excellent research infrastructure and strong technical support (e.g. gait lab, stress lab, robotics lab, VR/AR lab, body tracking systems, mobile and stationary EEG)
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- An interesting, responsible and varied workplace
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees.
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference, provided they are otherwise equally qualified.
For further information on the call for applications and the project, please contact us (info(at)ifado.de).
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your application with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, references, copies of certificates, list of grades, list of publications) by 26.9.21 preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative, we will accept your application by mail to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.