GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Mannheim
GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
Starting on December 1st, 2019 our Department Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences, Team Information Extraction & Linking located in Cologne, is looking for a
(Salary group 13 TV-L, 75 % working time, limited until 30.09.2022)
The department “Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences” (WTS) develops new, digital services for the social sciences in collaboration with the other scientific departments and on the basis of innovative knowledge technologies.
Your tasks will be:
- Analysis of linked data on the web
- Design and development of methods for linking of reseach information and data
- Design and development of methods to enrich scientific data with web data
- Evaluation of methods and publication of project results
- Excellent diploma or master (or similar) degree in computer science or related field
- Profound experience in software development with Java, Web and XML technologies, database and search technologies, and Python
- Proven knowledge und experience in Semantic Web, Text Mining and Natural Language Processing
- Advanced PhD project according to the task description
- High level of problem-solving competence, personal initiative, and ability to work in a team
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between the social sciences and computer science. As an infrastructure institution, we promote social science research and cooperate with renowned international research institutes.
GESIS supports your PhD, i.e., with our GESIS Doctoral Program. GESIS supports your career development. We offer a wide range of career opportunities in an attractive and rewarding work environment that allows you to carry out your tasks in a creative and autonomous manner. You will work in an international environment in the heart of Cologne and benefit from our flexible working conditions as well as our extensive internal and external networks.
GESIS is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to disability regulations.
We are a family-friendly employer and have been certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010.
You will find further information here.
For further information concerning the tasks please contact Dr. Benjamin Zapilko via phone +49 (0221) 47694-515 or via E-Mail. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Lisa Schmieder via E-Mail.
Our reference number is: WTS-66