Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT) in Bremen is a member of the Leibniz Association, which is supported by the German Federal and State Governments. Through its research, ZMT contributes to developing strategies for sustainable use of tropical coastal systems.
The Institutional and Behavioral Economics Research Group and the Knowledge Exchange Office
is seeking a 2.5-year
(Reference number: 195-LeNa)
Based on an international literature review, you will develop the methodology for a prospective impact analysis of natural resource research. This includes a well-founded selection of suitable indicators and a participatory design of impact pathways involving scientists of the ZMT and the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) in Müncheberg near Berlin. The indicators will focus on the transdisciplinarity of the research process (focus ZMT) and the global sustainability goals (focus ZALF). You will apply the developed methodology on a pilot basis to research projects and project clusters of the ZMT and ZALF. On this basis, you will develop a generic approach to impact analysis of research for the sustainable use of natural resources. You will work in close cooperation with a complementary position at ZALF and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary consortium of the LeNa Shape project. You will publish your results in relevant scientific journals.
- Master's degree and preferably PhD in environmental (social) sciences or a related field of study (sustainability sciences, geography, economics, and sociology).
- If possible, knowledge of the methodology of research impact analysis
- Very good interdisciplinary understanding of social-ecological research and the sustainability context, possibly in the marine domain
- Experience in the implementation of participatory processes
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English
- Excellent writing style and solid publication experience preferably in English
- Enjoy working in a team
- An interdisciplinary research environment
- Practical work in the exciting research field of sustainability assessment at a renowned, non-university research institute
- Opportunities to make a science-based contribution to sustainable development
- A very well established national and international research networks
- Very good publication opportunities to further your own scientific career
- Flexible working hours and a friendly and open working atmosphere in the team
Please do not hesitate to get in contact for any further information with Prof. Dr. Achim Schlüter, achim.schlueter(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
The position should start as soon as possible. The contract will limited to 2.5 years. Salary will be paid according to the German TV-L EG 13 (100%), part time can be discussed.
ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a migration background are welcome. Disabled persons with comparable qualification receive preferential status.
Please send your application Cover letter (a motivation letter, a copy of the relevant certificates, a complete CV with a list of publications/PhD thesis and skills, names with email addresses and telephone numbers of two referees) until April, 25th, 2021 as a single pdf file with the reference number “195 – LeNa” to Ms. Lena Oehlmann, E-Mail: bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (ZMT), Fahrenheitstraße 6, D-28359 Bremen.