Science communication (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the Rostock University (IAP), Kühlungsborn
The Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) is member of the Leibniz Association, Germany, with research focus on the mesosphere and lower thermosphere. It closely cooperates with the University of Rostock and is part of its teaching program. The IAP is funded in equal parts from federal and state sources and is supported by research grants. It has an annual budget of about 9 Mio EUR and hosts about 80 employees.
The Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) offers a position in
starting as soon as possible on fixed term contract to strengthen our transfer team in public relation activities. The position is limited for two years with option of extended and permanent contract. Working time is 40 hours per week. Part-time employment is possible. Following tariff conditions, salary is up to class EG 13 TV-L, Tarifgebiet Ost.
- Conceptual design, planning, implementation, and monitoring the Institute's national and international press and public relations work in German and English language for all common media channels of external communication
- Preparation of news and press releases and dedicated texts for interested, non-specialised audiences
- Optimisation of the Institute’s representation in the web and in social media channels as well as their update
- Conceptual design, planning and organisation of events
- Compilation of images and video material for public relations
- Successfully completed relevant university studies in the field of media, communication science, journalism, public relations, media design or in natural sciences
- Excellent communication skills in German and English in spoken and written
- Solid knowledge of word processing programmes and in content management systems
- Practical experience with social media channels, photography and video as well as in print and image editing
- Open manner and distinct ability to work in a team
- Several years of relevant professional experience is an advantage
We offer: The IAP offers an attractive working place near the Baltic Sea, with modern equipment, engagement in international research, participation in the professional pension system (VBL), and working conditions according to the tariff agreement on public services (TV-L). Mobile working is possible within given regulations. Candidates from abroad are supported with German courses.
Equal opportunity: The IAP supports a family-friendly human resource policy. It aims to increase participation of women in fields where they are under-represented. Women are explicitly invited to apply. Given equal qualifications, the IAP gives preference to persons with disabilities.
Submissions: Applicants are invited to submit their complete application material (motivation letter, CV, copies of educational certificates, further certificates or references if applicable) referring to the code number 2022-02 by June 30th 2022, preferably in a single PDF document, to the Department of Human Resources, Mrs. Angelika Kurreck (kurreck(at)iap-kborn.de). By submitting your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of the application process. Application and travel costs cannot be reimbursed.