Scientific Administrator (m/f/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver economically, environmentally and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
ZALF's organisational structure is composed of a research part with three research areas and one research platform and an administration and services part comprising six units. A scientific administrator supports the scientific work in each of the research areas and the research platform.
For research area 3 "Agricultural Landscape Systems" we offers a 2-year position, available for 50% of the regular weekly working time from 1.1.2021. Subsequently, a permanent position and increase of the working time is possible.
Scientific Administrator (m/f/d)
- research support: support scientists in administrative aspects in connection with the acquisition, implementation and documentation of third-party funded projects
- scientific events: support scientists in the planning and organization of conferences, seminars & workshops
- human resources management: preparation of job postings in cooperation with the human resources department; organization and support of various application processes; monitoring of contract periods; budget planning for third-party funded projects in cooperation with the ZALF central administration; organizational support in the planning and implementation of personnel development measures
- financial management: organization and monitoring of the program area budget; support to working groups in organizing and monitoring budget and third-party funds budgets
- research controlling: support the ZALF administration with overview of research status, monitoring data and reports
- legal regulation: monitoring and management of all tasks related to the implementation of legal regulations related to occupational safety and accident prevention
- University degree (Masters or comparable)
- experience working with scientists and in the acquisition and processing of third-party funding
- knowledge of the German and European science system and mode of operation in scientific organisations
- good knowledge of personnel management
- basic understanding of business management processes
- fluent in written and spoken German and English
- experienced with MS-Office programs
- experience in science management and in the use of project management software
- experience in process design and optimization
Additionally, the ideal candidate should have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability to work under pressure, an independent and well-organized work style with good time management, as well as an openness to continuing their professional development.
- a work opportunity in which you can make significant contributions with your professional and organizational skills
- an interdisciplinary working environment in an international, dynamic and creative team, which promotes independent work and self-reliance
- support to ensuring compatibility of work and family life
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to pay group E 14 including annual special payment
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis.
Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 70-2020 until 30.10.2020 to Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx.