Scientist (m/f/d) Postdoc
Research Center Borstel - Leibniz Lung Center (FZB), Borstel
We are announcing a full-time position as
Scientist (m/f/d) / Postdoc
This position is offered for 24 months starting on March 1st 2023 with option to extend.
The Research Center Borstel is an internationally renowned research institute with around 370 employees, financed by the Federal Government and the State of Schleswig-Holstein. Our central task is basic, mechanistical and translational research in the field of respiratory diseases. Our goal is to improve existing methods for the detection, prevention and treatment of lung diseases and to develop new, innovative therapeutic approaches.
With this position you will be part of the research group Early Life Origins of Chronic Lung Diseases and investigate the influence of parental exposures on the airway development, physiology and function in subsequent generations in Drosophila melanogaster and will decipher the molecular underpinnings. The position further includes the supervision and mentoring of ongoing PhD projects in fly research, presentations at internal and external meetings (national, international), as well as the writing of reports, publications and research proposals.
• MSc. and PhD in natural sciences/life sciences (biology, biochemistry or equivalent) with proven expertise in the fruit fly
• Proficiency in molecular and cellular biology, knowledge of entomology and classical genetics is preferred
• Strong interest in translational lung research
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
• High self-motivation and a strong capacity to work independently
• Very good communication skills and ability to interact with mentees, collaborators and international partners
• Postdoctoral position in an international and multi-disciplinary environment
• Payment according to TVöD-VKA E13 incl. all benefits usually offered in the public sector
• Family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours, childcare center and workplace health promotion
• Opportunities for continuing education (national/international conferences, education program at the Universities of Kiel and Lübeck)
• Postdoc initiative and possibilities for individual coaching
The FZB is certified for the "berufundfamilie" audit and specifically promotes the compatibility of career and family. The under-represented gender is given special consideration while maintaining the same professional and personal aptitude. Severely handicapped persons with otherwise equal aptitude are also given preferential consideration.
For more information about our certifications, please visit our homepage.
Please apply (without photo) to Prof. Susanne Krauss-Etschmann by Feb 28, 2023 on our website www.fz-borstel.de.
In case of questions please contact us directly via e-mail.