Scientist (PostDoc) (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
As part of the BMBF research program „Soils as Sustainable Resource for the Bio-Economy - BonaRes“ the coordinating project „BonaRes - Centre for Soil Research“ is funded (www.bonares.de). The interdisciplinary tasks of the BonaRes – Centre include sustainability assessments of agricultural soil management practices. Within this framework, drivers of soil management are analysed, scenarios are developed and participatory assessments are conducted.
Starting as soon as possible and limited until 31.01.2025, we are offering a position as
Scientist (PostDoc) (f/m/d)
Participatory scenario assessment of agricultural soil management
- Analyse technologic, economic, environmental, policy and behavioral drivers of soil management
- Conduct foresight studies and develop scenario narratives for agricultural soil management
- Conduct stakeholder inclusive participatory impact assessments of soil management scenarios
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in BonaRes
- Publish your results in scientific journals
- PhD in Agricultural or Sciences or related discipline, preferably with a socio-economic focus
- Understanding of methods and tools of scenario development and sustainability assessment
- Profound knowledge about agricultural soil management and the role of soils for sustainable development
- Experience in interdisciplinary cooperation at the interface between natural and social sciences as well as with quantitative and qualitative methods
- Knowledge and experience in conducting participatory research and collaborating with stakeholders
- Proven publication skills
- Fluency in German and English languages
- A Salary according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to classification E 14 with a 90% weekly working time (including special annual payment)
- An Interdisciplinary research environment
- Research themes that are both scientifically intriguing and socially relevant
- Well established national and international scientific networks
- Room for scientific maneuver and support in career development
- A friendly and open-minded working atmosphere in the team and in the department
- A rural landscape environment with high recreation value that is just a 35 min train ride from Berlin
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 02-2022 until February 6, 2022 toBewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Katharina Helming, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-155, helming(at)zalf.de.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx.