Scientist (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The EU H2020 research project SMS (Soil Mission Support) will develop a roadmap for research on sustainable soil and land management to support the sustainable development goals. The project will bring together the main players in soil health and management in a transdisciplinary approach. Planned activities include the analysis of the needs and priority areas for R&I on soil and land management as expressed through existing research and stakeholder consultation. The action fields sprawl from agriculture and forestry to spatial planning, land remediation, climate action, and disaster control
We offer – subject to funding – a part time (75%) position for the period of 24 month as:
Scientist (PostDoc) (m/f/d)
Sustainable Soil and Land Management
- Support the scientific part of the EU research project coordination
- Organize and implement a stocktaking and gap analysis of research related to sustainable soil and land management at European level
- Support the elaboration of a European roadmap for research and innovation on sustainable soil and land management
- Conduct scientific synthesis of knowledge stocks in publications, reports and presentations
- Present and discuss the project and its outcomes in scientific, policy and stakeholder meetings
- PhD in soil or agricultural sciences or a related discipline
- Proven understanding of soil management – soil quality interactions and its societal context
- Experience with cooperating in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in transdisciplinary methods and cooperation with actors in farming, business, policy, and civil society
- Knowledge about policy processes
- Proven publication skills
- Working well in a team
- A part-time position (75%), classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L E 13 (including special annual payment)
- Exciting and interdisciplinary research environment
- Research themes that are both, scientifically intriguing and socially relevant
- Well established national and international scientific networks
- Room for scientific maneuver and support in career development
- An established early career support system for PhD students and Post Docs
- A friendly and open-minded working atmosphere in the team and the research area
Rural landscape environment with very high recreation value and just a 35 min train ride from Berlin.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 54-2020 until 30 August 2020 to Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Katharina Helming, +49 33432 82155, helming(at)zalf.de.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx.