Scientist (postdoc) (m/f/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The project “Implementing sustainable agricultural and livestock systems for simultaneous targeting of forest conservation for climate change mitigation (REDD+) and peace-building in Colombia (Peace-Co)” located in the Sustainable Land Use in developing countries (SusLAND) research group is offering a part-time (50%) from 1.12.2019-31.1.2021 (parental leave) as:
Scientist (postdoc) (m/f/d)
- Carry out an ex-ante impact assessment of business models in public and private investment funds for potential up- and out scaling sustainable strategies in Colombia post-conflict areas in collaboration with PhD students
- Perform interdisciplinary research on development of sustainable land use strategies and impact assessment
- Supervise Masters and PhD students
- Produce scientific publications and presentations of the project results
- Assist the project coordination with administrative tasks.
- Advanced University degree (PhD or equivalent degree) in the field of Agricultural Sciences focused on sustainable development
- Skilled in participatory and interdisciplinary research
- Experienced in publishing for different readerships: academia and the broader public
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and English
- Experienced in working in international research consortia
- First project coordination experience in the context of research and development projects (mainly administrative tasks)
- An interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- Classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) (including special annual payment)
- A collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- Research platform to interact with other groups and institutions in Latin America, Europe and beyond
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 90-2019 until 31.10.2019 to Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Dr. Michelle Bonatti, Tel. +49 (0)33432/82-218, Michelle.bonatti(at)zalf.de.