Scientist/Postdoc (m/f/d) Phosphatidylinositol phosphate analysis
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the field of Lipidomics in the department Bioanalytics in Dortmund we invite applications for a
Scientist/Postdoc (m/f/d) – Phosphatidylinositol phosphate analysis
You will be responsible for
- Set-up a phosphatidylinositol phosphate (PIP) analysis pipeline for cells, cellular vesicles, and tissues
- Perform quantitative mass spectrometric PIP measurements
- Measure selected protein, metabolite, and lipid concentrations via mass spectrometry
- Rationalize and combine ‘omics’ results for interpretation
- Organize and communicate with collaboration partners
- Management, data evaluation and lab equipment
- PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related subjects
- Good understanding of analytical chemistry and biochemical aspects of intracellular signal transduction particularly in the context of omics research
- Experience with mass spectrometric equipment, especially quantitative LC-MS is necessary
- Experience in programming or data integration is desirable
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure
- Possibilities to develop your own research in the field of spatial and quantitative omics studies
- The opportunity to present your data at international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and therefore particularly encourages women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is available immediately. It is fixed-termed and offered for three years. The position is generally suitable for part-time.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Closing date for application is December 10, 2023. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number LP_247/2023 in the subject header) as one pdf document to bewerbungen(at)isas.de. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the Human Resources team (bewerbungen(at)isas.de). For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de/en.