Senior Applications Operations Analyst (f/m/d) for the Information Technology
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
We are looking for an IT Senior Applications Operations Analyst (f/m/d) who, together with colleagues, will be responsible for the conception, adaptation and further development of specialist applications as well as their support during ongoing operations (troubleshooting, monitoring). Become part of our IT team: We support the ifo Institute in its mission and use our different technical and professional competences for this purpose.
User, infrastructure and application support are the three main pillars of our services. Take part in our fundamental change: Our strategic goal is to provide IT as a shared service. This involves scrutinizing existing IT solutions and constantly developing them further. To this end, we ask ifo users about their needs and communicate with them in the language of the users, because our IT services are designed to improve the productivity and efficiency of our users.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on issues relevant to economics and economic policy of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Do you want to know more about us and careers at ifo? Meet us at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- We offer a job that makes sense: You will support the work of our employees, especially our scientists, and thus contribute to our public mission.
- Would you like to work in a professionally challenging team? Then you have come to the right place! The team will train you professionally and offer mutual assistance in tricky technical situations. We work according to the deputy regulation.
- We offer you an interesting and varied job in a dynamic environment where you can make things happen with commitment and ideas.
- We attach great importance to personal appreciation and are a professional team.
- With us, you will have a secure job with a permanent, full-time employment contract.
- Your remuneration and the company pension scheme are based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L).
- Work-life balance is important to us: Within the framework of our company agreement, you can work flexibly and partly remotely.
- We attach great importance to continuing education and support our employees in their personal and professional development.
- Our institute is a great place to work with its own garden and close to the Isar and the English Garden.
- Employees who move from a radius of at least 200 km receive a relocation allowance.
Your area of responsibility
- You will be responsible for the IT project management and support of specialist applications for the compilation of the ifo Business Climate Index, which are currently based primarily on Oracle software (OLAP, APEX, PLSQL) and Microsoft Dynamics 365. You will work independently on the entire IT spectrum, starting with requirements analysis, IT conception, implementation or coordination of external service providers, up to ensuring smooth operation.
- You support our team as a technical contact person in the area of application development (communication with the contact points in the departments) and take over the technical IT project management for future projects.
- You will maintain, configure and install databases (MS-SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) and monitor system operation (performing error analyses, performance optimization, etc.), if necessary together with external service providers.
- You will support the preparation of IT tenders for specialist applications.
- You will independently coordinate appointments with our employees/users and thus have a high degree of time flexibility.
- You will contribute your own ideas to continuously improve IT operations and the respective specialist applications at the ifo Institute. To this end, we regularly provide you with the latest IT technology.
- You will work on the continuous optimization of IT operations by automating recurring steps and processes.
- You will document workflows and recurring requirements.
What we expect from you
- Even more important to us than a degree in computer science are your several years of professional experience in the (technical and administrative) implementation of IT projects as well as in application development (especially with Oracle Apex) and database administration.
- Knowledge of database structures (Oracle, MS SQL) is a plus.
- A friendly and helpful manner is a matter of course for you.
- You bring your own initiative and the willingness to familiarize yourself with new topics.
- Your ability to work in a team and your strong communication skills will help you not only in your work within the team, but also in your interaction with researchers and staff from other ifo departments.
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity.
Interested? Then please send us your application documents with the reference number 2023-009 IT-AO by 2 April 2023 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de