Senior Researcher (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER), Dresden
The Leibniz Institute of Ecological and Regional Development (IOER) in Dresden offers the following position (employment according to WissZeitVG) for three years as soon as possible:
Senior Researcher (m/f/d)
in the field of Landscape Governance and Transformation
TV-L, E 13, Full time with 40 working hours per week.
The Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development is a non-university research center, and a member of the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft. Our subject is the sustainable development and transformation of cities and regions in the context of the global human-ecological crisis.
The advertised position is assigned to the research area 'Landscape Change and Management' (FB L). https://www.ioer.de/1/research/landscape-change-and-management/.
We deal with questions of landscape change and transformation processes in cities and regions towards sustainable structures. The focus is on (urban) open spaces, their ecosystem services (ESS) and biodiversity, as well as on concepts, strategies and instruments to influence them as social-ecological systems. In this respect, the spectrum of work ranges from research on the fundamentals of change and sustainability transformation of landscapes and open spaces, through various planning and governance approaches to the development of assessment and indicator approaches of ESS and biodiversity. Concepts such as 'Nature Based Solutions', 'Green Infrastructure', and 'Biodiversity Offsets' are in the center of attention.
The advertised senior researcher position is intended to focus on questions of initiating and managing change through approaches of landscape governance and transformative landscape research. This should advance both our basic and transdisciplinary research agendas and initiate broader transfer processes. Within the scope of the research area there is also the possibility of co-designing the research program, as well as the acquisition and design of new projects (especially DFG) and research groups in an interdisciplinary team.
Expected skills and competencies
- Master's or diploma degree in a relevant subject (e.g. spatial planning, landscape planning, urban planning, geography, environmental sciences)
- Doctoral thesis in a relevant subject area, and thus in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following fields of work: Urban/landscape ecology, strategic ecological planning or environmental planning, landscape transformation, social-ecological system change
- Work experience in the research field outlined above
- Own publications in the above-mentioned subject areas (especially journal articles, book chapters or conference contributions)
- Proof of an already successful acquisition of high-ranking third-party funds, as well as an already existing international network are advantageous
- Ability to work independently, teamwork, and high communication skills are required
- Very good German and English language skills (spoken and written)
- Knowledge in handling MS-Office, geo information systems (ArcGis / QGIS) and statistical software is desired
We offer you:
- Collaboration in a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team in a leading research institute of the Leibniz Association
- flat hierarchies and opportunities for participation
- creative and motivating working environment
- lively social culture and diversity
- openness and trusting cooperation
- family justice and flexible working time models
- equal opportunities (multiple Total-E-Quality certification)
- career planning and further education opportunities
- sustainability management
- job ticket
We are particularly interested in applications from women. Applications from disabled persons with a comparable qualification will be given priority.
Place of work is Dresden.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas, certificates of employment or references) in the form of a single PDF file as an e-mail attachment, stating the password "FB L", by March 7, 2021 to jobs(at)ioer.de or by post to:
Leibniz-Institut für ökologische Raumentwicklung e.V.
Personalbüro (Kennwort: FB L)
Your application documents will not be returned, please submit only copies.