Simulation Operator (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The Landscape Modelling group at ZALF elaborates methods to simulate processes at landscape level, both biophysical and socio-economic. Through integration of different model types, we investigate systems behaviour under changing conditions, such as climate or policy. Assimilation of remote sensing data helps us to drive point-based mechanistic models of agro-ecosystems at larger spatial scales.
We are offering a full-time position for 24 months, with the option of a permanent contract, at our location in Müncheberg as
Simulation Operator (f/m/d)
- data acquisition (experimental, monitoring, remote and proximal sensing, citizen science data, etc.)
- data pre-processing for simulations
- script programming
- operating simulations
- data post-processing, formatting and storage
- simulation analysis and visualisation
- pipeline performance optimisation
- University degree in computer, geo- or agricultural science or equivalent work experience,
- proficiency in Python, R, or any other programming language
- experience with Linux and Windows operation systems
- independent and team-oriented way of working very good communication skills, incl. good command of English and German
- an interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- classification according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) up to E 11 (including special annual payment)
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 53-2023 until 30 May 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Prof. Dr. Claas Nendel, Tel. +49 (0) 33432/82-355.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.