Specialist/Data Analyst (f/m/d)
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
For our team we are looking for a dedicated Specialist / Data Analyst who will contribute with high quality work to further increase the performance of the department and to further expand its position as a leading competence center for business surveys and economic forecasts in Germany.
How do the business cycle and economic growth develop, and what factors influence this development? Macroeconomic research, economic policy analyses and the topics of inequality and redistribution are focal points of the Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys. We regularly collect microdata on the economic development of Germany, the European Union and other important countries, process them and interpret them. These include the "ifo Business Climate Index", Germany's leading leading economic indicator.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on economically and politico-economic issues of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
You can find more information about the ifo Institute and careers at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- Supervision of regional reports (a.o. for state governments) within the framework of the ifo business surveys
- Data analysis and management within the framework of the ifo economic forecasts and the joint diagnoses for the federal government
- Collaboration on the ifo Head of Personnel Survey
- Master's degree in an economic field (e.g. economics, business mathematics, business statistics) or corresponding focus completed with very good results
- Very good/in-depth knowledge of statistics
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word) is an advantage
- If possible, experience with statistical programs (e.g. Stata, R, Phyton or Matlab)
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Excellent language and formulation skills in German
- Very good knowledge of English
- Interesting and challenging job in one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe
- Permanent employment contract in a full-time position
- Flexible working hours
- Many opportunities for further education and training
- Remuneration in pay group 11, according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states - TV-L
- Social benefits (company pension scheme [VBL], capital forming benefits)
- Relocation allowance for employees moving from abroad
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity. It strives to increase the proportion of women in research and therefore expressly encourages women to apply.
Please apply with the reference number 2021-026 MB-FR by 31. October 2021 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de.