Specialist (f/m/d) for business surveys with a focus on the retail sector for the ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
For the ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys, we are looking for a specialist with immediate effect, who will contribute with high-quality work to further increasing the performance of the department and to further expanding its position as the leading competence center for business surveys in Germany. The aim is to continuously increase the number of participants in the surveys in the long term.
How are the economy and economic growth developing, and what factors are influencing this development? Macroeconomic research, economic policy analyses and the topics of inequality and redistribution are the focus of the Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys. It regularly collects, prepares and interprets microdata on the economic development of Germany, the European Union and other important countries. These include the "ifo Business Climate Index," Germany's leading leading economic indicator.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on issues relevant to economics and economic policy of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Do you want to know more about us and careers at ifo? Meet us at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
- We offer a job that makes sense: You support the work of our researchers and thus contribute to our public mission.
- We offer you an interesting and challenging job in a dynamic environment, where you can make things happen with your commitment and ideas.
- We attach great importance to personal values and are a professional team.
- With us, you have a secure job with a permanent full-time employment contract.
- Your salary and the company pension plan are based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L),. You will be classified in pay group 10 or 11 of the TV-L, depending on your specific previous experience and the resulting opportunities for employment.
- Work-life balance is important to us: Within the framework of our company agreement, you can work flexibly and partly remotely, for this we also equip you in the best possible, modern and comprehensive way.
- We attach great importance to further education and support our employees in their personal and professional development.
- Our institute is a great place to work with its own garden and close to the Isar and the English Garden.
- Employees who move to Munich or the surrounding area from a radius of 200 km or more receive a relocation allowance after passing their probationary period.
Your area of responsibility
- You will be responsible for the content and organization of the Retail Business Survey by
- Permanent review and further development of the methodological basis, classification and weighting,
- Special question management
- quality control and
- Guidance of clerks.
- You interpret the results continuously, in particular for writing essays for the ifo Schnelldienst.
- You comment on the regional results of the ifo Business Surveys on a monthly basis.
- You are in charge of special surveys.
- You will occasionally work on the department's externally funded projects.
- If you are interested and qualified, you will give presentations at ifo events.
What we expect from you
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in economics (VWL or BWL) with very good results.
- You have very good and in-depth knowledge of statistics.
- You have knowledge in empirical economic research.
- Knowledge of business cycles and surveys is desirable.
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access an advantage).
- Experience with statistical programs (STATA, R or Matlab) is an advantage.
- Your language and formulation skills in German are excellent.
- You also have a very good command of English
- You work independently and adhere to deadlines and schedules.
- We promote professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity.
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity.
Interested? Then please send us your application documents with the reference number 2023-008 MB-FR by 26 March 2023 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de