Student assistant (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The DFG-Project “HAIRphae” aims to test the concept of a plant economic trade-off between the investment into root surface maximization by root hairs and extraradical mycorrhizal hyphae in response to variation in soil nutrient stoichiometry. Within this project, we are offering for 4 months, starting March or April 2023 (40 h per month) at our site in Müncheberg a position for a
Student assistant (f/m/d)
Assessing the trade-off between root hair growth and investment into mycorrhiza and its effect on plant N nutrition and soil N cycling
- conducting a pot experiment in spring 2023
- plant and soil sampling and sample preparation
- analysis of root hair length and mycorrhization
- statistical analysis of results
- study in soil, agricultural, or environmental sciences
- interest in biological and agroecological aspects
- good English skills
- knowledge in the use of statistical software
- practical work in the exciting research field of sustainable agriculture
- insight into scientific practice at a renowned, non-university research institute
- flexible working hours
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- possibility to conduct and Bachelor- or Masterthesis within this project
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. It is generally possible to work in the position on a part-time basis. Please send your application preferably online (see button online application below). For e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 02-2023 until 06 February 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Dr. Maire Holz, Tel.: 033432/82-127 or Email: maire.holz(at)zalf.de
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.