Student Assistant (f/m/d)
WZB Berlin Social Science Center
For the President’s Research Group, the WZB Berlin Social Science Center is looking for a
Student Assistant (f/m/d)
to begin by July 15, 2022, initially for a duration of 12 months and with the possibility of renewal. The position is for 10-15 hours per week.
The WZB is a non-profit organization and a member of the Leibniz Association. WZB engages in research of fundamental societal questions from the perspectives of different disciplines. It is one of the most renowned institutions in the field of social sciences. The scientists who work together at the institute come from such fields as sociology, political science, economics, law, and psychology. The findings of WZB research are directed at the science community, the interested public, and also experts dealing with political and economic issues, with media, and society.
Your tasks and duties
Supporting the research work of Dr. Jianghong Li in the fields of labor market, gender and family, and public health, specifically:
- Implementing statistical analyses
- Summarizing research results in tables and graphics
- Performing literature searches and reviews
- Organizing literature references using Endnote or other reference managers
- Other general research support duties as required
Your qualifications profile
- Advanced Bachelor or Master student in a social science discipline or in public health social epidemiology
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
- Ability to analyze quantitative data using Stata or other software programs (SPSS)
- Ability to portray results in tables and graphs
- Experience in literature search and review
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- A good working knowledge of German (written and oral)
- Knowledge of child health and development, and family research
- Good graphic skills
- Remuneration in accordance with TV Stud III of the state of Berlin (currently EUR 12.96 per hour)
- A well-equipped workplace in the center of Berlin
- International, cooperative, and diversified working environment
- In-depth integration into the scientific community in the form of colloquiums and conferences
- Thorough instruction and guidance
- Flexible working hours
- We promote a good work-life balance, and our engagement has been certified by audit workandfamily and the European Commission’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- Cafeteria with modern recreation rooms
Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference. We value diversity and welcome all applications – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age, or sexual orientation. WZB expressly encourages women or persons with migration backgrounds to apply.
Job interviews will likely take place in the week starting on June 6, 2022.
Have we sparked your interest?
In that case, we look forward to receiving your online application by May 30, 2022 by https://wzb.hr4you.org/job/apply/124/student-assistant-f-m-x?page_lang=en
For more information about the WZB, see www.wzb.eu.