Student assistant (m/f/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The DFG-project “Small-scale processes, large effect: rhizosphere traits as key for P efficiency in upland rice” aims to elucidate the effect of rhizosphere and root traits of upland rice varieties on phosphorus (P) uptake efficiency. The project is carried out in close cooperation with a Japanese research partner at the Japanese International Research Centre for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS). Four rice genotypes will be compared for the ability to extract P with high efficiency from soil.
In preparation of the project, we are offering for 3 month starting earliest August 2020 (30 h per month) at our site in Müncheberg a position for a
Student assistant (m/f/d)
For preperation of a lab experiment on plant phosphorus uptake
- Planning, preparing and conducting a laboratory experiment on phosphorus uptake by rice plants
- Handling of radioisotopes (33P)
- Solid knowledge in agriculture, geo-ecology or related scientific disciplines
- Experience in the work with common office programs and basic statistical knowledge
- B. Sc. in agriculture, geo-ecology or related disciplines
- Experience working in the laboratory
- Practical work in the exciting research field of sustainable agriculture
- Insight into scientific practice at a renowned, non-university research institute
- Flexible working hours
- The results of the laboratory experiment could be used for preparation of a bachelor or master thesis
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Applications are accepted in English and German.
Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 46-2020 until 15.7.2020 to Bewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Maire Holz, Tel.: 033432/82-127, maire.holz(at)zalf.de.
Application related documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at http//www.zalf.de/de/ueber_uns/Seiten/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx