Student Assistant (m/f/d)
WZB Berlin Social Science Center
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center, research area International Politics and Law, research unit Global Governance (Director: Prof. Dr. Michael Zürn), seeks
one Student Assistant (m/f/d)
to be employed for a period of 12 months, starting on 1st October 2021, with the possibility of extension and a weekly working load of 10 to 15 hours.
Your tasks and duties
- Supporting the director with tasks such as research and review of literature, data collection and preparation, editorial work on manuscripts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s student in International Relations, Political Science, Sociology, or a related discipline
- Very good course achievements
- Very good command of written and spoken English and German languages
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience with and interest in methods of data collection, processing, and management (e.g., using Excel, STATA, R, or SPSS)
- Knowledge of theories and debates in International Relations or Comparative Political Science
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience with systematic text analysis
- Experience with reference management programmes (e.g., Zotero, Citavi, EndNote)
- Remuneration in accordance with German civil service standards (TV Stud III; currently €12.68 per hour)
- A modern work place in the centre of Berlin
- An international, collegial, and diverse work environment
- Involvement in the scientific community
- Flexible working hours
- Support for the work–life balance certified by the audit Work and Family as well as the European Commission’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers
Equally qualified disabled applicants will be given preference. We value diversity and welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age, or sexual orientation. The WZB explicitly encourages women and persons with a migration background to apply.
Candidates are kindly requested to send their applications in English (consisting of a letter of motivation, CV, transcript of records, copies of relevant certificates, and certificate of enrolment) per e-mail (subject line: Application IPL SHK-01), in the form of one single PDF file, no later than 23rd June 2021 to:
Lina Hayek, gg-shk.applications(at)wzb.eu.
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung gGmbH
Further information: www.wzb.eu.