Student assistant (m/f/d)
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world's leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
For the working group “Land Use and Resilience” PIK is offering a position as
student assistant (m/f/d)
starting as soon as possible.
(Position number: RD2-student assistant-36-2019)
The position is funded until the end of 2019 with the possibility for extension. Remuneration is in accordance with the German public tariff scheme (TV-L Brandenburg) with a monthly working time of 40 hour. The hourly wage is without a degree 10,17 Euro and with a Bachelor´s degree 11,84 Euro.
Your tasks include:
- the analysis and processing of data and model results using programming languages such as R, Phyton and GIS-based analysis tools
- maintenance and development of group-internal R packages
- literature research
- support for the organization of workshops or preparation of presentations
- good programming knowledge in R
- experience in GIS referenced data handling
- background in numerical or natural sciences (e.g. mathematics, physics, biology, geoecology)
- the chance to be part of a creative, interdisciplinary team
- a stimulating working environment in an internationally recognised research institute on Potsdam's beautiful, historic Telegrafenberg campus, a short commuting distance from Berlin
PIK seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. Applications by persons with a migration background are expressly encouraged. Applications of disabled persons with equal qualifications will be regarded favourably. PIK also encourages applications by parents returning from parental leave.
Please send your application including your CV as a single PDF document by Email (Reference: RD2-student assistant-36-2019), quoting the position number given above and mentioning where you read about the position to bewerbung(at)pik-potsdam.de.
The size of the file should not exceed 15 MB.
For further information or to discuss the position please contact Dr. Susanne Rolinski by email (email@example.com).