Student assistant soil sampling campaigns (f/m/d)
Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). The institute also maintains locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The European Union funded project BENCHMARKS is developing monitoring approaches on soil health. For this purpose, several soil health indicators will be tested and assessed in the field and laboratory, which then also provide information on certain soil functions. The student assistant will be responsible for the 2024 soil sampling campaign to test selected indicator measurements in the patchCROP landscape experiment at ZALF in Müncheberg.
We are offering a student research assistant position starting earliest in mid April 2024 and temporarily limited for 12 months (with option of extension) for 40 h/month at our location in Müncheberg as
Student assistant for soil sampling campaigns (f/m/d)
- field sampling campaigns at patchCROP
- accurate and precise documentation of sampling campaigns
- processing of soil samples in the lab
- simple soil laboratory analysis
- soil database maintenance
- ongoing advanced B.Sc. or early M.Sc. studies in soil, agricultural or environmental sciences
- highly motivated to work in the field under varying weather conditions
- experience in laboratory work and soil parameter assessment is beneficial
- driving license advantageous
- practical work in the exciting research field of soil health and sustainable agriculture
- interdisciplinary working environment that encourages independence and self-reliance
- collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- payment according to the usual hourly rates for student/scientific assistants of the state of Brandenburg
- possibility to use collected project data for own thesis compilation
- this student assistance job will be offered again in 2025 and could therefore be extended
- company ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. The filling of the position in part-time is possible in principle. Please send your application preferably online with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 13-2024 until March 14, 2024.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: Dr. Kathrin Grahmann, Kathrin.Grahmann(at)zalf.de.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.