Team Leader (w/m/d) for Digital Communication
Ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich
Join our team and shape the digital channels of a leading economic research institute together with us!
Your area of responsibility
- You sit in the cockpit of all digital communication of our leading economic research institute: The ifo Institute has a high scientific reputation and considerable political impact.
- The ifo website is the center of our communication. As editor-in-chief, you will contribute innovative ideas from the perspective of our users and implement them with a team for which you are the technical leader. You and your team will design the ifo Institute's social media strategy and manage the social media channels operationally.
- You will inform our various stakeholders via newsletters, for which you will be responsible for content and technical design. This includes maintaining and further developing the databases with contacts of our stakeholders.
- You track the success of our digital activities via appropriate metrics and prepare the results for various occasions.
- Together with the other teams, you will design campaigns on strategically important ifo topics.
- We offer a job that makes sense: You support the work of our scientists and thus contribute to our public mission.
- We offer you an interesting and varied job in a dynamic environment where you can make things happen with commitment and ideas.
- We are a professional team of about 20 communicators, in which personal appreciation is very important.
- We offer you a varied job with a full-time employment contract.
- Your remuneration and the company pension scheme are based on the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L). Depending on your previous experience, you will be classified in pay group 13 to 14.
- Work-life balance is important to us: Within the framework of our company agreement, you can work flexibly and partly remotely.In return, we will provide you with the best possible, modern and comprehensive equipment.
- We attach great importance to continuing education and support our employees in their personal and professional development.
- Our institute is a great place to work with its own garden and close to the Isar and the English Garden.
- Employees who move to Munich or the surrounding area from a radius of 200 km or more receive a relocation allowance after passing their probationary period.
What we expect from you
- You are passionate about all aspects of digital communication, have a journalistic flair for topics and always have an ear for current trends, and bring these to our communications.
- You have professional experience in digital communications in an agency, in the field of consumer media, in a company or at a comparable institution - that's essential.
You bring a university degree - ideally in economics or politics? That is an advantage, but other disciplines are also welcome
Your interest in economics content is necessary to advise our researchers on how best to market their content digitally.
- We work in an agile and fast-paced manner. You are willing to meet tight deadlines and respond flexibly to changes in priorities. For all your speed, the quality and accuracy of your work is important to you.
- Your experience in project management and/or technical leadership will help you execute the sometimes complex projects.
- Do you enjoy intensive cross-media collaboration with other KOM colleagues? Then you've come to the right place!
- Your solid English skills will help you with our bilingual communication throughout.
We in the Communications department are responsible for relations with the ifo Institute's stakeholders. We see ourselves as intermediaries between the institute, interested journalists, members, companies, public bodies or students. In addition, we advise our researchers on all questions of external presentation. Our team maintains contacts with multipliers, creates content for the ifo website, is responsible for the social media channels, produces the Institute's publications and organizes events.
The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on issues relevant to economics and economic policy of international relevance at the highest scientific level and with an international impact and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, political consulting, participation in public debates and information/services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Do you want to know more about us and careers at ifo? Meet us at https://www.ifo.de/en/about-us/ifo-career.
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or world view, disability, age or sexual identity.
Interested? Then please send us your application documents with the reference number 2023-010 KOM-TD by 2 April 2023 using the form here.
Please attach a letter of motivation, your CV, references and other documents relevant to your application in the lower section of the form.
Please make sure to use only .pdf files, Word documents and images in .jpg format. Please also note to use short file names. Too long file names can lead to errors when sending the application. Please read the document "Information on attachment naming" carefully so that your application can be sent to us without errors.
Please use "Mozilla Firefox" or "Microsoft Edge" as browser. In case of problems, please check if you are using the latest browser version.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiting(at)ifo.de