GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Mannheim
GESIS Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute funded by federal and state governments. It is also member of the Leibniz Association.
Starting 1st December 2019, the Department Knowledge Transfer, Team Training, located in Cologne and Mannheim, is seeking to fill the position of a
(Salary group 14 TV-L, full time, initially for four years)
The Department Knowledge Transfer is dedicated to develop and implement approaches and activities for the effective dissemination of research results and methods expertise. In addition, we provide a broad range of training opportunities for which the Team Training is the key point of reference.
Your tasks will be:
- Providing leadership for the team GESIS Training currently involving 12 staff members
- Leading the scientific development and coordination of all trainings offered by GESIS
- Establishment and further development of cooperations (e.g. with graduate centres and partner universities)
- Representation, strategic networking and recruitment of lecturers, e.g. through presence at national and international research conferences
- Own research including academic publishing in one of the GESIS reseach areas
- Completed a PhD in the social sciences (preferably political science, sociology, psychology, etc.)
- Leadership skills and demonstrated competence in the area of further training
- An in-depth understanding of social science research methods, survey analysis and quantitative methods
- Excellent networking and outreach connections into the relevant national and international scientific community
- Sound command of written and spoken English and German
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between the social sciences and computer science. As an infrastructure institution, we promote social science research and cooperate with renowned international research institutes.
GESIS supports your career development. We offer a wide range of career opportunities in an attractive and rewarding work environment that allows you to carry out your tasks in a creative and autonomous manner. You will work in an international environment in the heart of Cologne or Mannheim benefit from our flexible working conditions as well as our extensive internal and external networks.
GESIS is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to disability regulations.
We are a family-friendly employer and have been certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010.
Here you can find further information.
For further information concerning the tasks and responsibilities, please contact PD Dr. Simone R. Haasler (phone +49 22147694-165 or via E-Mail). If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Lisa Schmieder via E-Mail.
Please, apply via our online-application portal until 04.09.2019.
Our reference number is: Wiss-23