Technical assistant (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
For the department Bioanalytics at our location in Dortmund we are looking for a
Technical assistant (BTA/CTA) (m/f/d)
SULFAGING lab is funded by ERC and it is focused on understanding biochemical mechanisms of aging.
C. elegans is one of the most used model systems in this line of research and we are looking for a motivated person with previous experience in working with worms but who is also keen to learn and improve their skill-set.
- Practical organization of the lab space & stocks, health and safety
- Daily management of the lab, ordering, keeping track of stocks
- Maintaining C. elegans strains, performing genetic experiments, crosses, etc
- Cloning and generating transgenic lines
- You will participate in the lab’s research and assist/train students and postdocs in working with C. elegans
- Completed training as BTA/CTA, biology/chemical laboratory technician and/or completed scientific studies (B.Sc. u/o M.Sc.)
- Work experience of at least 2 years is required
- Previous experience working with C. elegans
- Previous experience with basic biochemical techniques
- Some experience with microscopy and image analysis
- Good in written and spoken English
- Autonomy, organizational skills, interest in interdisciplinary work, ability to work in a diverse and multicultural team
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply. Applications from severely disabled people are welcome.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is available immediately. It is fixed-termed and offered until 30th September 2025. The position is generally suitable for part-time.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Applications should contain: A cover letter with a short presentation of yourself, which ideally underlines your interest in working at ISAS and your particular suitability for the position advertised, your curriculum vitae as well as copies of diplomas and references. Please send your complete and informative application documents as a pdf document by 20th September 2021, quoting the reference number 25/2021, by e-mail to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal requests are welcome and can be directed to the Human Resources Office (personal(at)isas.de).
Further information about the institute can be found at http://www.isas.de.