Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors (IfADo), Dortmund
‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The ImageTox group https://lab.vartak.org/ is looking for the following to start as soon as possible
for innovative projects focused on intravital imaging of mice along with conventional immunohistochemistry and molecular biology techniques.
The position is available immediately and limited to a period of 2 years. The duration may be extended subject to performance of the candidate and requirements of the project.
Description of duties
The candidate will support various projects in the group in the study of liver physiology and liver diseases.
- FELASA A or B certification is required along with prior experience with animal handling mouse models, breeding etc.
- Experience in processing of animal tissue samples and familiarity with microcopy will be an advantage
- Prior experience or willingness to learn molecular biology – CRISPR-based techniques, gene expression knockdown, plasmid cloning for generating fluorescent fusion proteins etc. is desired
We do not necessarily expect pre-existing expertise in all the requirements of the project. The successful candidate will be expected to develop the necessary expertise through the guidance of experts in the group
- A full-time position with currently 39,83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 8 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- Good accessibility by public transport
- Attractive region with a wide range of cultural activities
- An interesting, professional challenge in which you can contribute and expand your expertise and competence with a high degree of independence in an interdisciplinary team
- An exciting task and many opportunities for further training
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents including the reference code "TA Vartak" until 28th of February 2022, preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de.
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de.